Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Letter

December 2010

Dear ____X____,

You are my saviour, my friend and my life partner. You give me comfort and the ecstasy of embracing you each day reinstalls the functioning of my veins, arteries and capillaries. Every night you welcome this mentally tired man and in your arms I feel I am in a world detached from this world, soundless, sightless, only the loud thuds of my heart doing the talking. Every morning when I get up with you, my mind wanders for any and every reason not to let go off you. You are the reason why I dream.
But now I want to break up with you because you are making me lose focus of myself and my destiny. I am with you for more that a third of the day, much more than I used to be with you a year back and you still want more? During lectures I have to make sure the prof. doesn’t catch me cuddling with you. Out of the long list of questions I have for God, one will be why did I ever meet you? Don’t dare to reply back.

Yours,
Ankit

PS: X = Sleep; excessive amount of sleep has chained me to my bed in the last few months and as a result I gave birth to this article!

2 comments:

  1. awesome Ankit,
    this is something i'll totally agree with this blog. Its one habit that I can't get rid of either.
    I like the way you've framed your..ahem... GRIEVANCE? :P
    Well Written

    ReplyDelete