Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Colon P (:P)

December 2010

I was attending this English Creative Writing Competition at Mood Indigo in IIT Bombay. I entered the hall and asked for the topic of the event and in return got a supposedly rude answer to look on the board. The topic was boldly shining on the board – Colon P. Weird, isn’t it? Could we possibly write on so meagre a topic? From the looks of some of the fellow writers it seemed they had just come to while off. But I thought great writers can just write on any and every thing. And yeah, the word limit was 60-100 words.
The pen seemed too heavy to move. After ripping off parts of my brain I came out with this –


Dear Colon P (: P),

Thank God! You dropped into my life or else I would have had to write your ballooned form - Oooo....looo.....looo.....looooooo.....looo!

You are genX’s gesture and any SMS or chat message without you looks hollow. Your two characters stand tall and mighty enough to support the ladders of sweetness, cuteness, love and friendship. The tongue hanging from the side of your mouth in the form of text is a creativity which make my lips widen. When I win an online game against my friends I don’t say YESSS! I just write your name in the chat box.
When I first met you my face worked in automation to copy you. Your brothers are equally adorable. Do remember me.

Yours,

Homo sapiens

2 comments:

  1. Well I didn't know COLON P meant :P...
    Honestly this is one I use most in my Chats too...But I have a question, what was the outcome of this competition ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said, they will make a call to the winners, but .... mera network busy aa raha hoga.....so din't get a call...lol!

    ReplyDelete